Renoir's house in Cagnes-sur-Mer
Auguste Renoir bought the Domaine des Collettes in 1907 as a place where he could care for his rheumatoid arthritis. He lived there until his death in 1919, continuing to paint and sculpt in collaboration with Richard Guino and later Louis Morel, and welcoming models, friends and visitors (Albert André, Henri Matisse, Claude Monet, Auguste Rodin, Ambroise Vollard and Ferdinand Deconchy, among others). The property was purchased in 1959 by the City of Cagnes and became a museum. It has just reopened after several months of renovation work.